A man, down on his luck, takes time to help someone out with a flat tire. It’s a simple gesture that leads to an amazing chain of events.
Within days after the release of this video, the donation foundation Eric’s family set up to help him manage the aftermath of his tragedy astoundingly reached its target of $197,000.
While this is an extreme example of what one kind gesture can lead to, it’s a great reminder of how powerful simple kind gestures can be.
“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
How Simple Gestures Make a Difference
Here are some of the many ways that kind gestures have a profound impact on not only the world around you, but you as well:
- Provides Strength – Kind gestures uplift the person being helped. It can give them a sense of hope that they didn’t have before which can go a long way to prepare them for future hardships.
- Ripple Effect #1 – Acts of kindness are often passed on because when someone has been kind to another, it usually infuses the recipient with with a desire to be kind to others, which can have a multiplying effect.
- Ripple Effect #2 – Kind gestures set an example for your children, family and friends, which in turn increases the amount of people in the world who are willing to lend helping hands.
- Improves Your Day – A kind gestures immediately sets the tone for your day, and if you do it often enough, it can set the tone for your LIFE!
- Easy Way to Make a Difference – helping or supporting someone else is probably the easiest thing you can do to have a direct and often profound positive impact on the world around you. We all want to make a difference in the world with our life, and the good news is, it’s easy.
It’s all about the Little Things
Here are some ideas of things you can do today to make the world a better place:
- Open the door for someone
- Offer to return the shopping cart for a stranger in a parking lot
- Let someone merge in front of you on the road
- Give someone a smile
- Ask someone how they’re doing, and really listen to their answer
- Ask, “What can I do to make your day better?”
- Compliment someone, and mean it
- Stop to help someone in need
Isn’t this what life is all about? We have such little time on this planet and there are so many challenges we face daily, why not take a moment to make life just a little better? A smile could be the difference between giving up or growing stronger. A kind word or an extension of help could be the difference between powering on or shutting down. Your words, your actions, your kindness can literally be the moment that can change someone’s life. Turn negative moments into positive outcomes, all with a simple act of kindness.
Sure, the world can seem dark and cruel sometimes, but the reality is that kindness, love, and positivity is all around us. Once we decide to stop getting wrapped up in the negativity and start seeking the positivity, we find ourselves in a happier emotion place and living in a happier world. Kindness breeds kindness, and the truth is that all of us are capable of making a difference in the life of another.
If Eric could do it, we all can.
HammyTV (Oct 5, 2015) – “I Broke Down! This INCREDIBLE Guy Stopped To Help Me!”